Tuesday, January 04, 2011

Send a Salute to your Troop!

This morning I received an e-mail asking to share this information on my blog. I think it's wonderful that the media creates things like this to help the families of deployed soldiers send messages to their loved ones. I know here in Italy the internet works great at times and other times not so well.  We rely on the internet for our main source of communication, so if our internet is not working or even going slow that means no Skype and no Vonage, which means no communication for that time.  So, why not create a weekly message when your internet is working and get that sent out as a backup. I know most people have local lines here, but it's not the same as seeing pictures and hearing your voice at the same time. 

Below, is a quick video of CNN Headline News' Robin Meade showing a family how to send their father in Kuwait a digital salute. Please take a look!

The process looks very easy and it's a nice thing for to for a deployed soldier.  I think with technology getting better everyday, many people do get to talk to their loved ones on Skype, but why not surprise them by doing this as well? 

To create your Salute, click here : http://bit.ly/SendSalute

I hope at some point many of you will send a salute to your soldier.  For all the other military bloggers out there, feel free to share this information on your page as well! 

2 comments:

  1. I think your blog is the cutest! I am sure your family and Dan's family appreciate all the updates you put on here.
    I can't even imagine the worry they have if they don't hear from you guys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denica! It was something I started in the summer, sometimes I'm not the greatest about updating, by I try. It's easy when we are out and about and go on trips because I have a lot to write about :)

    ReplyDelete