Friday, January 21, 2011

It’s Friday!

This week has gone by pretty slow only being a 4 day week. Dan’s been busy with work this week, I’m glad it’s Friday! 

Last Sunday night we went over to a friends house and watch the Bears vs Seahawks game.  It was nice to actually watch something on the TV in HD!  They paid $25 for the week and did a live stream in HD through NFL.com…this means real commercials, folks!  On our way there and on the way home it was really foggy. Like, can’t see 10 feet in front of your car foggy.  It hung around for days, it was kind of eerie.  I was out with the dog one night and the fog wasn’t as bad as it had been, but still pretty thick. The soccer field was lit up and they were practicing, I only saw two guys that were pretty close.  Then, all of a sudden, like 15 images started appearing in the distance…the soccer players were jogging across the field coming towards us, but it was like it was all in slow motion and I felt like I was in a movie or something. It was weird.  Anyway…here are some pictures of the last day it was foggy, I took them of the soccer field behind our apt.

Here is what you should see when you look in our back yard.

008

This is what is looked like a few days ago

007

The fog cleared, then the rain came and yesterday the sun came out a little bit. Today is pretty nice too, it’s cloudy, but at least it’s not so gloomy. 

Yesterday I went to the Sacile market with Monica and we met up with her friend, Jennifer, and her mother in law.  I love olives and I haven’t tried any of the olives here yet so I got some. These babies are huge! Really tasty as well!

003

002

I feel like I am constantly cleaning this apartment.  The dust here seems so much worse then dust in the states.  I know my animals don’t help the matter, but even in the states we didn’t have as much dust as we have here.  It gets old, fast, but I can’t stand things being dusty all the time, so I guess I will just have to keep cleaning all the time. 

Over the past few weeks Eddie has been taking a liking to my crocs.  He has always liked laying on shoes, but anytime my crocs are off my feet, he’s lying on/in them.  It’s too cute.   I wear them all over the house because I can’t stand going barefoot, or even with socks on. The floors are cold and very hard.  When I was unpacking I had my shoes off and within a few hours by back was hurting so bad, so that’s another reason I just wear my crocs around.  I’ve gotten some pictures over the past few weeks.

016017

He actually puts his paws up in the shoes

018

001005

And as I am writing this, guess where here is?  That’s right!

004005

He’s so cute, I just love him so much.  He is doing okay as far as his broken leg goes. He walks on it with a limp, but recently he seems to be limping a little bit more and one day he wasn’t using it, he just held it back and ran without it. He only did that for about 5 minutes, fell asleep and then woke up and was walking on it okay.  I called the vet to see when he wanted me to bring him in for the next x-ray and he said at the end of February because he was very please with his last x-ray, which was Dec 22nd.  He is healing up pretty well and it’s forming a good callus to heal, but the ulna is just taking more time.  That’s the bone that wasn’t lined up for so long, so I don’t know what’s going to happen with that, or if it will heal. The radius is looking good though, since that’s the bigger bone, that’s the one the vet was more concerned with.  I’m still very careful with him, he gets very curious and is always wanting to get into things, so I have to watch him closely.  He likes to jump up on the entertainment center, the subwoofer, the couches…so I just make sure I get him down.  He likes to sleep on the couch, so I let him and just make sure I stick around for when he gets up so I can put him down.  We had to move a table that was in our entryway into the kitchen because he was getting up on that and it’s pretty high.  Thank goodness our kitchen has a door on it!  When I leave I put him in the crate, most times he’s already in there sleeping, so I just have to close the door.  More recently I’ve been having to put him in there and I don’t think he likes it too much, I try and stick around here as much as I can so he doesn’t have to be in a crate.  On Christmas day we put him in there and when we came home he was out, so he broke out of it.  I worry he will hurt his leg this way because he sticks his paw through the metal and goes for the latch. He’s such a smart kitty.  I’m just trying to be extra careful, I don’t know how long it’s going to have to be like this, the vet said I didn’t have to be as careful, but I don’t trust that.  He seems to be getting better each day, I try not to leave for more than a few hours at a time and he does well.  He’s still as loveable as ever!

Not sure what our plans are for this weekend, Dan has some homework due for his classes he is taking online, but hopefully the weather will be nice and we can get out and do something.  Skiing last weekend was fun, but it took me a whole week to recover, I was SO sore.  That whole going up the hill without ever being on ski’s with no instruction was not a good idea! Shouldn’t have let them talk me into it! I learned so much more teaching myself on the bunny hill, I think I will do better next time around.  I hope everyone has a great weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big those olives are! Eating some of those is definitely on my Italy to-do list! ;-)

    How funny about Eddie with your Crocs - he's such an awesome cat.

    And that fog is just crazy; never seen anything like that before. Looks spooky!

    Miss ya buddy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness that is hilarious about your cat and your cros! And those olives are HUGE!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, my cat is pretty silly...he's more like a dog the way he acts. I have another cat and she hasn't been very active like Eddie. We love his personality :)

    I don't think I've ever seen olives that big, they are yummy though! Jennifer- we will definitely have to find some when you come :D Miss you too Pinky!

    ReplyDelete