Monday, March 28, 2011

M.I.A.

Sorry I've been MIA this week, just not a whole lot going on.  The weather was beautiful last week, so I was out and about trying to enjoy that.  The weather this morning..not so great.  It's overcast and was sprinkling earlier, hopefully it doesn't last too long.

Dan has been really busy with work, Operation Odyssey Dawn has kept this whole base hopping.  We have about 1200 soldiers deployed here for the mission.  I think it's neat seeing all the uniforms and different jets and planes here on base. It's more exciting. However, the work schedules....not so much.  It's like our husbands are deployed, but get to come home at night. They are working mostly 14 hour shifts, sometimes longer, also having to split night shifts as well. I just hope all this is over soon because we have trips planned for when family comes in April and end of May beginning of June.  If it's not over, hopefully things will be running smoothly and Dan can get the time off.

I went to Venice on Saturday, all by my lonesome.  Dan can't go that far away, he has to be within about 25 minutes away from base on his days off, but he decided to go in that day and work to try and get caught up on stuff.  I have a friend here who has a painting that I absolutely LOVE. When I went with her and her Mom last weekend to Venice we found the guy!  I was super excited because she bought her painting 2 years ago and he doesn't have a studio or anything, he is picks a spot by San Marco Square and sets up and paints.  I liked what he had when we saw him last weekend, but I didn't have enough Euro on me to buy anything and they were all smaller paintings. So, I went back and bought one :)

Here is a picture of my friends photo that I loved the first time I saw it.

024

It’s kind of hard to see with the flash, but since it was night time it was the best I could do with my point and shoot.  I love the blue colors, blue has always been my favorite color. This picture is of San Marco Square.

When I went to Venice he did have a small blue painting, it was a little smaller than half of this painting and it only had the left side of the painting on it.  I really liked it, but I wanted a bigger one. It was pretty small. He didn’t have any large blue ones, but said he could paint it for me and I could come back another time to get it. He did have a big painting, like this one, only different colors.  After lots of thinking and 2 phone calls to Dan, I decided to get it.  I figured that it would go with our apartment better. They are such beautiful paintings, you can’t lose, no matter what you get!  So, here is the painting I got, just have to get it framed.

DSC_7471

It looks weird because I have it sitting up on a shelf, then there is another photo above it. Pictures of the painting just don’t do it justice, it’s so beautiful. The light hits it and the colors in it just come out so much more than in this photo.  I would LOVE more artwork from this artist, but only only does paintings of the one I bought above, a smaller painting of the square (the left side of picture above) and then across the water from the square there is a church, he also does that.  That’s about it.  He does these paintings in black and white, the color I have above and the blue color my friend has.  Maybe someday soon he will start painting other scenes so I can get some more!

Hope everyone has a good week!

9 comments:

  1. That is absolutely gorgeous! I love the golden tones in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ditto with Jess, You are totally going to have to tell me where this guy sits so I can get one...how much did that cost 200 euro?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was 150 Euro, if you go through San Marco square towards the water, take a left and walk along the water. You will go over a few things of stairs and he will be there on the right with other vendors. He is the only one who has these kinds of paintings. He says he is sometimes in different places, I will get you his phone number that way you can call him ahead of time, see what days he is going to be there and where he will be :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah totally send me that number!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, sorry it took so long. His name is Andrea Alzeni and his cell phone is 380 70 35389

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah that's fine, thank you..I appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for posting this painting. We were in Venice last weekend. Saw Andrea at work. And did not buy... yet.
    It is amazing that he does all his work just with a painting knife. No brushes!
    Thanks again!

    Marten

    The Netherlands

    (We got his card:
    Andrea Alzeni
    Pittadore 3807035389
    Via Dei Centauri 24
    30030 MESTRE)
    He's not on Internet at all, no website, nothing. And he does not send out paintings... Go and buy. That's it...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So I was also in Venice recently and I also purchased one of his paintings. I couldn’t help noticing that the blue painting you posted, as well as the one you purchased look Exactly the same, just with different colours. How is that possible?

    I also noticed that a number of the other paintings he had were also the same, just with different colours.

    Seems a bit strange no?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He clearly paints the same skyline over again but the works are all original and you can watch him at work. We bought one of his paintings last week. Beautiful.

      Delete