Monday, January 10, 2011

Long Travel Agency :)

I have been one busy girl these past few days. We are having family come to visit us in April and in June and we are very excited.  Dan and I have yet to visit Rome knowing that we would soon have visitors and would be going soon anyway.  Dan’s Mom and some of her friends are coming at the end of April and My Mom,Step Dad and his sister and her husband are coming the the beginning of June.

This weekend I’ve been trying to find places to stay for where our families want to visit.  I’ve been looking mainly on VRBO because it’s cheaper to go the apartment route rather than staying in a hotel.

In April when Dan’s Mom and friends come we are going to hang around the apartment and do things around here for a few days. There is plenty to see within 2 hours of driving and of course, visit Venice.  We are going to visit Florence and Pisa on our way down to Rome. We say goodbye to one of Debra’s friends and welcome 2 more. Visit in Rome a little more then head back up this way.  We are still waiting to book any hotels/apartments at this time, Dan said he wants to wait a few weeks to try and get a more definitive plan before booking anything.

In June when my parents come, we are going to go to Innsbruck, Austria for a few days, check that out the day we get there and then head into Germany the next day so they can see Neuschwanstein Castle. We’ve been here before and it’s amazing. We will come back here to Sarone and go to Venice the next day. The day after that we will head to Rome and  will be staying in an apartment that is a block or 2 from the Colosseum.  I think the location will be great, I can’t wait.  It’s a pretty good deal, once broken up between the 3 couples it will be around $80 a night. Not too shabby. We will be staying at this apartment for 4 nights, having 2.5 days in Rome and one day we are going to travel to Pompeii, which is 2.5 hours south of Rome. When we leave Rome we are going to stay at a resort in Cortona, which is in Tuscany, for a few days.  My Aunt Jill found this online, the place looks gorgeous. I can’t wait to see all these parts of Italy we haven’t seen yet. Once finished there we are going to head up to Florence and spend a day there roaming around.  It’s going to be a busy trip, but it will be a lot for the family to see and I think it will be a blast.

Here is a picture of the place we will be staying at in Cortona:

The beginnings of planning things are always bumpy, it’s hard getting everyone on the same page, especially being so far away.  But, I think we came up with a good plan and are all on the same page now. Yes, we will be traveling a lot, but I can’t wait and I think it will be so much fun.

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like what I did yesterday! My family is planning on coming in July for 3 weeks, and I'm trying to figure out where to go! I might have to get the hotel/apartment from you for Tuscany & Rome! :) Good luck with the rest of your planning!

    ReplyDelete