Military Spouse Survey
Got this from a fellow Military blogger, figured it would be fun!
1. How long have you been a military wife?
-A little over a year… was a military girlfriend for over 2 years.
2. What branch of service is your husband?
-United States Air Force.
4. What is his job?
-Right now he is an EOD Officer. Prior to that he was a Civil Engineering Officer.
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
-I think dress looks better, but I know camo is more comfortable for him.
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
-I love living in different places, I think it’s a great opportunity to see new places and as much of the world as you can. I love meeting new friends as well.
8. Do you live on base?
-Nope, there is no on base housing here. Even if there were housing on base, I would live off base.
9. What is your favorite base so far?
-We’ve been to Ellsworth AFB is Rapid City, SD and Aviano Air base in Italy. I LOVED SD and I love Italy. I’d have to say I like it here more because of the traveling opportunities.
10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
-I would say being apart. We’ve been lucky here though, Dan hasn’t had too many TDY’s. Being away from close family and friends is hard too, I always thought I would be near family. I love making new friends, but that means you will eventually have to say goodbye. Thank goodness for Facebook so I can keep up with them all!
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
-Mostly the commissary, but we do shop off base as well.
12. Do you work or stay at home?
-I stay at home. I’ve been job hunting since I’ve been here. Seems like every time something comes open or they are “looking for nurses” it falls through the cracks and I don’t hear anything. It’s frustrating.
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
-Yeah, especially now that I am here and not working. A lot of wives here don’t work because there isn’t much available for us.
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
-Depends on where you are. Here in Italy, yes, I would prefer a walmart because our BX is tiny. If we were in Germany, I would prefer their BX and commissary because it’s absolutely ginormous.
15. How did your husband propose?
-Came home from a deployment and didn’t tell me. I came home from work one day and there he was in our apartment with flowers and a ring and asked me to marry him.
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
-After, but was with him through college and when he commissioned into the Air Force.
17. How long have you been together?
-9 years and 5 months, married for a little over a year
18. Any kids?
19. Any kids yet to come?
20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
-I don’t think so. He’s pretty quiet until you get to know him. He loves what he does, but I don’t think he is like that at all. When he comes home he doesn’t talk about work, leaves it all there.
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
22. How many bases have you lived at?
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
-I wish things could be more stable. Seems like plans are always changing and they never know what’s going on. That’s the military though, you learn to get used to it.
24. Do you like military balls?
-Never been to one
25. Where does your family live?
-Dan and I both have family in Florida and I have family in Ohio as well.
26. What do you do for a job?
-I am a Registered Nurse, but not working at the moment
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
-No..the person who came up with this must have. Kind of a weird question.
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
-It’s easier to diet when he is gone, all I have to worry about are my meals, it makes it easier.
29. Do you think other wives do that too?