Friday, May 06, 2011

Pisa, Pisa

On day three we left for Florence.  It took us about 3 hours or so to get to our B&B and took some time to find parking.  That city is nuts, after (Dan) driving there I was really nervous for what Rome was going to have in store for us.  We checked in to our hotel and then set back out to head to Pisa, which was a little over an hour away.  It was nice checking out all the scenery on the way, especially because we haven’t been down that way yet.  I have to admit though, Pisa was shady….and I don’t mean no sun shady. There were some scary looking people in the main parking area trying to illegally sell fake bags/sunglasses.  You see these guys everywhere, they come from Africa, some are even here illegally, and they sell knock off purses and sunglasses.  When the cops come to bust them, they pick up their items so fast and are gone, but as soon as the police leave, they come back.  Once we got into the main area of where Pisa was, it was much better.  Here are some pictures!

373

That is one leaning tower!

383

Had to do it!

405

My Italian neighbor was tickled that I was wearing my Sarone t-shirt.  Sarone is the town we live in. She reposted this picture below as her status on Facebook and said how she loved that I wore my Sarone T-Shirt. I should start getting a t-shirt everywhere we go…I don’t think Dan would think that’s a good idea.

411

My sweet Dan.  He was so embarrassed of us doing the “holding up the tower” poses, but he was a trooper at taking our pictures.

412415419424

As we were checking out the market they had going on there we were also walking back towards the car.  I pulled out my little point and shoot and got some photo’s of Dan.  I told him to stick out his tongue like he was holding up the tower with his tongue, he did, but it looked more like he was licking an ice cream cone (the tower).

074076

After Pisa we drove a little bit to the coast to see the water on that side of Italy.  Most of the beaches were private, so we stopped in a restaurants parking lot, jumped out and snapped a few photo’s and went on our way.  Here are some photo’s of the Mediterranean Sea.

427

Debbi on the beach

429

We went back to the hotel, relaxed for a bit and walked around to find a place for dinner.  That was our summary for day 3, day 4 = big day in Florence, will post about that tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. You should get t-shirts wherever you go!! I've gotten them from all the bigger cities we've been to. Love the squinty face pic of Dan. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parcheggio Aeroporto di Pisa. Il nostro personale e' esperto e motivato. Da noi la cortesia e la competenza fanno parte integrante del servizio di parcheggio. parcheggio pisa

    ReplyDelete