Thursday, May 26, 2011

Laura Visits

Laura and I met in college, we worked at Mojo’s Backyard together.  Mojo’s is a dog daycare and I started working there once I started LPN school.  I actually worked with the owners at a doctors office prior to working at Mojo’s, that’s how I met them.  Laura has been a very special friend, she has been to the some of the most important things in my life, including my LPN graduation, my RN graduation and my wedding last year.  She is such a great person, always thinking of others.  She just finished pharmacy school and got the chance to come out and visit us, we had a pretty great time and it was good just being able to spend time with her and talk with her everyday. 

We went to Rome, Cortina, Verona, Venice, Florence, Lake Barcis, Miamare, Caorle and of course the more local places, Aviano, Sacile and Gorgazzo. 

Here are some pictures!

Gorgazzo Spring

003

St. Peter’s Basilica in Rome

007

The Colosseum

019

Cortina

042

Laura and I in the Arena in Verona

044

Flowers we got from the Sacile market in my new vase that Laura bought me in Venice

001

Love this vase!!!

002

Lake Barcis

005008012021023

Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence

028

Basilica

034

Caorle

050

Miramare Castle

057

Laura

062

Dinner one night

024

I had a great time catching up with Laura and am so proud of all she has accomplished.  I’m always sad when visitors leave, makes me miss home and miss my friends.  My parents come on Tuesday with my Aunt and Uncle and I am super excited.  We are headed to Innsbruck, Austria, then into Germany to see Neuschwanstein Castle, then down to Rome, Pompeii, Cortona and Florence.  Should be a good time : )  

2 comments:

  1. I am loving all of your travel photos! I am bummed that we couldn't meet up while I was in Venice, but hopefully we will get the chance again. We will see where the Air Force takes us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful places and nature. Thanks for the photos, really positive ones.

    ReplyDelete