Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Murano, Birthday, Flowers

On Sunday Dan and I hopped on a train to Venice then on a water bus to Murano, one of the islands close to Venice.  Murano is known for it’s glass blowing and amazing pieces.  They do sell Murano glass in Venice too, but it’s nice to go check out other areas.  I can’t believe how expensive it was over there…I don’t think it’s as pricey in Venice, I will have to look next time.  The only thing I could think about is why spend that much money on something that would probably get broken in a move, since we move a lot.  It was pretty to look at though.  The weather was perfect too.  Here are some photo’s..

Here is a guitar made out of glass

003

Around Murano

004008010012014016

The Train station in Venice

027

Once back in Venice, we look at the train schedule and see we still have some time before we get on the train, so we went and sat on the stairs of the train station, like many people do and people watched.  I think Dan had a little too much fun taking pictures of people. 

033035

Man walking around holding his cute little dog and his jacket over his shoulder.  I thought it was cute, Dan thought it was funny.

037

I don’t know what I was looking at while Dan was taking pictures of her, I don’t know how he didn’t laugh and tell me to look, but I never saw her, just this picture!  This woman has got it going on…and all her matching accessories.  Too funny.

038

Once again, man with a dog, Dan thinks it’s funny because it’s a big man with such a little dog.

047

Wonder who/what he’s taking a picture of here?  Take a look at the couple sitting on the stairs….yeah...butt crack.

054

4 older women on their outing to Venice. The one’s orange hair was almost blinding!

057

I liked this guy.  He stood there for a while waiting for someone to come out of the train station.  Before this he was standing with his jacket over his shoulder looking really cool. Here is is checking his phone.

058

Then he started pacing with his jacket over his shoulder again. Dan obviously thought it was funny, I thought he was cute.

059

The train, gotta love the graffiti, it’s everywhere.  They like to graffiti the word “NINJA” a lot.

061

We had a nice time in Murano, I thought there would be more to it for some reason, but there wasn’t too much there. 

Yesterday was my birthday, I turned the big 27.  I know 27 is not old, but I can’t believe that I am 27 years old. Seems like just yesterday I was graduating high school, but that was 9 years ago…holy moly.  I had a pretty good day, went to lunch with a friend, Dan got off early and we went to dinner. It was a good day!

Today I went on base and met up with Monica.  We decided to kill some time by going to the market in Aviano and we both got some flowers, then headed to lunch to meet up with some of her friends. It was a nice time. 

063

The weather here today is gorgeous!  A lot of times here it’s beautiful out, but it’s really hazy.  Today it is clear and absolutely beautiful!  I love this time of year. This weekend I think I am going to go and get flowers for outside and start getting all that lookin’ nice.  Only a few more weeks for our first round of visitors, Dan and I are really excited!  Hoping the weather will be just as it is today! 

5 comments:

  1. i love to people watch too. those pics/captions are so funny!

    Happy Birthday!!! glad you had a good time, love the spring weather and fresh flowers. nothing like that combination to lift your spirits! have fun gardening! :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous photos, happy birthday and is that a mini greyhound?

    Glad you had this kind of beauty around you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the photos and the flowers! I loved Murano and Burano when I visited there a few years ago—it's so surreal that I'm going to live within distance to there! When I was in Murano I bought a necklace with a glass piece on it. I love it and still wear it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Glass Guitar was freaking awesome! BTW Happy Birthday

    ReplyDelete