Wednesday, March 09, 2011

What was that?

I think I hear footsteps...the wood floor creaking...wait I don't have wood floors. It's just Eddie snoring beside me :) He's such a silly cat.

Dan left this morning on a short TDY so right now I'm sitting here listening to the dogs bark outside, because they are always barking and Eddie snore. Exciting huh?

Last night I watched an episode of Ghost Hunters, when I lived in the states this was a weekly thing, every Wednesday night. My Step Dad would also watch, so whenever it was on or shortly after we would call each other asking what the other thought of that nights episode. Well, if any of you watch this show, you know that sometimes they aren't very scary and other times they are. Well, last night I happened to get a scary episode and it was freaking me out. They went to California to the Preston Castle which used to be a reform school for boys. Anyone see this one? Pretty freaky. Go figure, the night before Dan leaves the episode is actually a scary one. I wrote something on Facebook about this and a lady from the states that I used to work with told me that I should see the Italy episode of Ghost Adventures. I looked up the info online and they went to the island of Poveglia, which is between Venice and Lido...so, very close! The island was used for the isolation of plague victims and as a plague pit in Roman times. A mental hospital was located on the island, but it is said that the doctor tortured and killed many of the patients. Tourists are forbidden to visit the island. Freaky, huh? I will have to watch that when Dan gets back. Make him watch it with me :) He shakes his head at the whole thing and finds my reactions to the show interesting, so at least he will be entertained either way.

That's about all that's going on my way. Went to a stampin' up party today, made a few scrapbooking pages and a few cards, good times were had by all. Dan will be back on Saturday, so I will be hanging around until then. I hope everyone is having a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I was about to say, lets go! Then came the part about not letting tourist there!

    If you like scrapbooking and card making check out scrapbooksteals.com, you may find some supplies for a steal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband is TDY this week, too. I always hear extra noises when he is gone. Luckily my pup will chase the ghosts away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're brave to watch that alone!!

    a stamping party?? omg sign me up. I love stamping and scrapbooking! how fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE Scrapbooking!! Let me know if you go to another! I'd love to join you!! :D

    ReplyDelete