Monday, November 08, 2010

Rainy Weekend

We've been getting quite a bit of rain lately..The skies are gray with low clouds and lots of fog. It will stop raining for a day or two but it stays gray and foggy out. Sometimes it feels like we are living in the clouds.

The past few weekends we wanted to get out and take pictures of some of the beautiful scenery around us, but the rain kept us inside. Here are a few pictures that I got while driving a few weeks ago.





This picture you can see the hill in the middle of the mountains, the town we live in, Sarone, is on the other side of that hill.


On Saturday we woke up, to once again, gray skies and really foggy. We decided to look online at a live webcam of Cortina. Cortina is a town up in the mountains, with lots of shopping and many ski resorts, it's less than 2 hours away. When Dan pulled up the webcam it showed nothing but blue skies, so we decided to head out that way. The ride up there was beautiful, even though it was cloudy and pretty foggy. We were about 6 minutes out, according to my GPS, and still no blue skies in sight. We were starting to get disappointed because we drove all this way and the weather wasn't the best. It was amazing how fast we rose above all the clouds that covered the lower elevations and all of a sudden, nothing but blue skies. It was amazing.

Here are some photo's















I talked to Monica, she was back in Sarone while we were in Cortina. She was wondering what we were doing on such a poopy day of weather. It was amazing how different the weather was up there. Here is a picture when we were driving home on the highway....


We had a great time. We ate at a wonderful Pizzeria, the best thin sliced pizza I've had in Italy so far! We also looked around in the stores that were up there, we couldn't believe how expensive things were, pretty high end stuff. We drove home a different way for different views, overall it was a great day!

ps- I love that I have faster internet, I can upload pictures so much faster!

2 comments:

  1. First off, love your header! Fall is my favorite, the colors get me every season =) I found our blog on Household6Diva. So jealous you live in Italy.. do you hear that alot? haha ahhh must be amazing.. of course not amazing being so far from family, but still. Looking forward to following!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I love fall as well, I lived in FL for 10 years growing up, so fall was pretty much non-existent there. I'm glad you came upon my blog, I'm pretty new to it, so I'm glad you found it and are following :) When we found out we were moving here we heard from people that they were jealous, but who wouldn't be? I'm also on Facebook and post all my pictures on there to keep friends and family updated, so I hear it on there occasionally as well :) It's a great experience living over here, we are enjoying it. Do you have a blog?

    ReplyDelete