Monday, November 22, 2010

First few months in Italy

Like I said before, I didn’t have a blog yet when we first got here, so I decided that I would post pictures from when we first got here. There are just too many beautiful things not to post.

This is a picture taken on base

205

My Sweet Eddie with a bottle of Moscato. This was is TLF on base.

009

This is Sacile. We went here the first night we arrived in Italy for dinner. Now we live about 5 minutes away from Sacile.

210212

Lake Barcis

004007DSC_5443DSC_5452

Gelato in San Daniele

DSC_5469

 

When you first arrive here in Italy you go through a program called Right Start. In the class they teach you the culture, very little amount on the language, stuff about housing and driving. One day of right start class they take you on a tour around the area. This first few pictures are of Gorgazzo Spring, it’s about 5 minutes from where we now live.

147148149

 

Dan at the market in Porcia

164

Snails…yuck

165171174

A church in Pordenone

177180

They also took us to a vineyard with very cheap, but very good wine! 

206

Sinbad came on base one day we were there eating lunch

001

 

We took a drive up to Piancavallo, which is the main mountain you see when you are looking from base. In the first picture you can see the base.

DSC_5928

While we were up there we could see the water clear out there. It’s hard to see in the pictures

DSC_5929DSC_5930

 

Back to Lake Barcis on a sunny, clear day

DSC_5937DSC_5938DSC_5940DSC_5941

 

Back to Gorgazzo Spring. When they took us here on the tour, it was the first stop in the morning.  We have heard that there is a statue of Jesus under the water here that you can see on a clear day.  They put the statue down there in memory of the divers who lost their lives trying to find out where the water was coming from.  So, on a clear day around 1pm Dan and I went back to see if we could see the statue. We couldn’t, but we were in shock to see how BEAUTIFUL the water was. It was beautiful before, but since we were here in the afternoon on a sunny, clear day the water was illuminated and gorgeous!

DSC_5946DSC_5948DSC_5949DSC_5954DSC_5955DSC_5956DSC_5958DSC_5961DSC_5969

I think I’ve got everyone caught up not on things we’ve done in Italy, along with my other posts.  Now that I am using windows live writer (thanks to Monica) I can upload a lot more pictures and it’s so much easier than using blogger.  I feel in past blogs I haven’t posted as many pictures as I would have liked because it took so long, especially when I had slow internet. So from now on, no more skimping out Smile

1 comment:

  1. Love your new layout! How'd you get your signature to show up in your blog when you use WLW? I haven't figured out how do to that short of putting it in the WLW post every time before I publish it.

    ReplyDelete