Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Hanging around...

This past week has been pretty low key for me, not much going on...at all. My sleep schedule has been all funky (it's getting better though) and I have been taking naps in the afternoons which I usually don't do. Eddie is doing pretty well considering all he has been through. I took him to the vet on Monday, he had a slight fever, but other than that, everything was okay. He got a shot for his fever and they also gave him an anti-inflammatory shot. I have to take him to the vet again tomorrow for another visit. I wish they were closer...It takes me about 35-40 minutes to get there on a good day. Eddie wasn't too bad at first with his sutures, but now as they are healing I bet they itch like crazy, all he wants to do is lick them. So, the cone of shame went on him yesterday. He hate the thing, but he is doing better with it. He stole Sassy's bed and pouts there, silly boy. He has a hard time getting in the food and water dish though, so I give him breaks and take the cone off and let him eat and drink, I worry he will get dehydrated, but he is drinking well when I do take it off. It stays on all night though, so I don't have to worry as much to watch him all the time, I love getting some sleep. Here are a few pictures of Eddie before he got his 3rd surgery.

On the couch on his back with all legs in the air. He was completely under the blanket, but I had to see his cute face under there.


I covered his head back up and uncovered his back legs. Those claws are always getting caught on the blanket when he lays like this anyway.


Today was the first time I left Eddie alone since his surgery. I was pretty nervous about it, but he has been doing great. A gal I worked with in Destin, FL is here in Italy for vacation and today was her day in Venice. When I still worked there we talked about how she was coming on this trip and how I was going to see her when she came, I'm glad we kept our plans. I put Eddie in a big crate with his cone on and went to Venice. I met them there around noon, we met at McDonald's because anyone you ask there should know where McDonald's is. We walked around a bit, ate lunch, went to San Marco Square and shopped a little more. It was great to see her again, I miss a lot of the people I used to work with. Not just at my last job, but at all my jobs. I've made some great friends through working. I left the square just before 4pm to get back to the train station on the other side of Venice...it's quite a walk. I don't think Venice will ever get old...I think it's because everything looks the same and I can never remember if I have been in a certain spot or not. The main attractions, yes, but the stores I definitely always seem to think I haven't been there before.

Audrey and I


Now I am all tuckered out, I am going to get to bed since I have to get up early to take mi gato to the vet. Hope everyone is doing well!

No comments:

Post a Comment