Monday, October 11, 2010

Faster Internet!

Today they came and hooked up internet at our apartment. The installation guy typed in some IP addresses in some wrong places so it was connecting to our laptops through the router but was not connecting to our main computer. Pretty weird. We called our friend Alessio and he came over tonight after he got off work and figured it out for us. He didn't even work for the company that we got either, it was very nice of him. He is the guy I have been talking to about internet since we moved into our apartment here. So, now everything is up and running correctly. It moves pretty fast, so we are happy with it. We are just going to have to wait and see how it does when the weather gets bad...because all internet usually stinks in this country when it starts to rain. If it's not bad, we will probably decide to get Vonage, that way we can start calling the states and people from the states can call us. If it cuts out a lot we will probably go with an Italian phone line and I will buy a US number through Skype and forward calls to my home phone. I will let everyone know one way or another :)

Today's vet visit went well, the vet scruffed Eddie right at the beginning of the visit and of course he hissed because he didn't like it. I just the guy would just let me pick him up and put him on the table. There is no need for him to do that..and they wonder why Eddie doesn't like them. He just felt around, said he wanted to do an x-ray next week to see how things are looking. He said because he had a crush injury to an already broken leg, this is a special case and he wants to see what's going on. He seemed to feel the leg a little more and not seem so sure as he has been in the past, so we will see what happens next week. I think that's why they need to do an x-ray right after surgery, to make sure everything is aligned. He said he could tell by feeling, even though he was pretty swollen. Now that it's more than a month after surgery he just now wants an x-ray. Crazy. I will let you know how that goes as well. Eddie hasn't been walking on his leg much, so that worries me a bit. When I feel his leg I start at the top of his leg, find the bone and make my way down. I can feel almost an inch gap between the bones. I asked the vet about it, he said to get the radius lined up and the ulna is separated like that. He seemed to be fine with that.

My allergies have been at their worst, I need to find something that works. I've been taking Zyrtec, but no luck with that.

The weather here has been so beautiful. It's been in the 70's during the day and 40's at night, I have a feeling it's going to get pretty chilly very fast. Especially with all these hard, tile floors. I love fall, one of my favorite times of the year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment