Tuesday, October 05, 2010

6 Months in Italy

Fall has officially arrived, the weather has been nice and cool, you can smell the wood burning from fire places around us, it's been nice. It's also been raining quite a bit lately, but I don't mind it. The past few times it has rained, it's poured all through the night into the next day, which has left flooding in our little back yard. The roads here flood easily and get really slick when they are wet. They are slick when it's not wet, so you have to be careful at all times.

The first 6 months have gone by pretty fast, we've enjoyed ourselves. This rain lately has kept us around town and indoors, but that's okay, we usually find something to do inside. We hope to start traveling South now that most of the tourists are gone.

Still no progress on the internet I signed up for over a month ago, Alessio (internet guy that's been helping me) called them yesterday and they said they are not ready to come install it yet. This isn't the one I have been waiting months for, I don't think that one will ever happen. So, I decided to go with what is available...now just waiting on them to come hook it up. It's been over a month and I haven't even gotten a call for them to set up an appt, it's crazy. I've been looking into phone plans (for a landline) to see what's out there. If they do come out and get this internet hooked up, I need to do a speed test to see if it is fast enough for vonage. If I could get vonage, I could call the states and people from the states could call me because it would be a US number and it's only 25$ a month. I've been looking into the plans here, I'm not sure what the basic phone line costs, but for 10 euro a month extra I can get unlimited calls to the states. People wouldn't be able to call me though. I could get a number through skype and forward it to my home phone so people could call, but I don't know how much that costs either. I am going to start looking into all these options and figure out what to do. Seeing that vonage relies solely on the internet, I don't know if that would be a good idea, seeing that this isn't going to be a very fast internet connection. Should be fast enough for skype though! I've just missed talking to family and friends and hate going in to Dan's office to have to call them. It's just a huge pain to have to sit there and hope people answer their phones and when they don't you feel like it was a waste of time. It would just be better to have something in our apartment and we could call anytime.

Not much else really going on, they are planning on taking Eddie's pins out in about 3 weeks, I hope he is ready for it. The last thing I need is for them to get those pins out and then for it to break again because it is not being stablized. We will see though. Eddie is doing pretty well, he is more lovable now than he ever was. He is always wanting to jump up on the couch with me and sleep on me, such a sweetie. For some reason he doesn't go to Dan anymore, Dan will try and call him when he is on the floor and Eddie pops up and comes hobbling over to me. He loves his Momma :)

I will let you know what I decide with the phone situation, if I do sign up for a land line, it will probably take a month to get that set up...such a pain. I just cannot believe the customer service over here. How anyone makes any money is beyond me.

Ciao for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment