Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Verona

On Saturday Dan and I went to a town called Nove, which is known for pottery and ceramics. I went earlier in the week with some friends and wanted to take Dan back to look at a set of serving dishes that I liked. Earlier in the week when I went I got this ceramic basket made by Tiffany and Co. I thought how nice it would be to use that for a fruit basket :) They sell brands like Tiffany and Co, Lenox, etc for a really good deal because they have flaws, mostly very minor. When Dan and I went back on Saturday it was to show him a Ralph Lauren set which included a pitcher, 2 different sized serving bowls, two different sized serving platters and a covered bowl with a ladle for soup. Dan liked it as well so we decided to get it. On the boxes it had the USD price so I added them all up and it was $474USD. We paid 74 Euros, which is under $100. That was for 5 pieces though, they didn't have the large serving platter, I will go back and get that another time. Great deals.

After Nove we decided to go back to Verona. Last time we were there we didn't have a camera because we went to the amusement park nearby that day. It wasn't the best, so we decided to go to Verona and the only pictures I did take were on my phone. We got lots of pictures this time :)

The first thing we did was scope out the arena and buy tickets to go inside. It was originally built in AD 30, but later the outside had to be rebuilt because of an earthquake. They started holding operas there in the 1850's because the acoustics were said to be amazing. They still hold shows and opera's there a few months out of the year, I think it would be wonderful to go to a few. They had stuff set up inside and a lot of stuff outside the arena while we were there. August is one of the months they have the operas, so the arena closes at 5:30pm so they can finish setting up. You will see in the pictures some of the things they had set up.

Here is a picture of the outside of the Arena


Dan inside the Arena


Me inside the Arena



Juliet's Balcony


These are just a few of the pictures we took, I will post the rest on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment