Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I've been hanging around with Eddie quite a bit lately. After his surgery on Friday I've wanted to keep my eye on him most of the time to make sure he doesn't jump up on something and hurt himself while getting down. The vets here use a lot of sedation. Both time I have had to take Eddie in for something here, when I pick him up, he is totally out of it. The first time we took him in (this was about 2 weeks after we got to Italy) we picked him up and went back to TLF because we weren't in our apartment yet. We took him out of his carrier and he couldn't even walk, that's how sedated he was. I can't believe they sent him home like that. This time it wasn't as bad, when I picked him up he was really out of it, they said they kept him sedated because he wasn't being very nice. Can you blame him? The poor guy has been through too much with vets...he doesn't like them very much...at all, really.

He has been doing well though, getting better every day. He isn't using that leg yet, but he can get around pretty well without it. Post Op day 2 his leg and foot were very swollen, probably twice the size of his other leg/foot, if not more(the nurse in me wants to tell you 3+ pitting edema). The vet gave us some lasix to give him for a few days to help with the swelling, so we have been doing that. Eddie likes to loaf on his side/back with all 4 paws up in the air, so that's been helping a lot too. When he is laying strictly on his side I prob one on Shae's toys under his arm to it elevates his leg and paw. Yesterday it started looking a lot better, so that's good. I have an appt with him on the 23rd, he will get the pins turned that are in his leg. I hope he cooperates.



Dan and I were planning on going to Zell Am See in Austria next weekend, but he called and said he now has to work. The hotel is nonrefundable, so I am going to go with a gal who's husband works in the shop and her son. I think it will be a good time and a great chance to get to know her more.

Not much else has been going on. The weather has been nice, we've been getting thunderstorms in the afternoons, but it keeps it from getting too hot.

I hope all my family and friends around the globe are doing well! I think of you all often. I miss family and friends back home but the Air Force has given me many, many great friends, so I am very thankful for that!

No comments:

Post a Comment