Friday, July 01, 2011

So Sorry

Once again, I'm slacking on posts! I still have to finish from the time my family was here! I will get to it soon, I promise.

A few weeks ago I started working. I got a job that I applied for waaayyyyy back. Okay, it was only 6 weeks prior, but still, when you don't hear a word and these people aren't reliable...I didn't think I would hear anything. Well, the day I said, "I'm done, I'm not applying and wasting my time on anything else" they called. So...In case you didn't know, when you are stationed overseas (in my case, Italy) you cannot work off base, it's part of the SOFA agreement. It makes sense to me...think about it. Say there was an Italian base in the US and they were allowed to work off base, now they are taking the jobs of Americans, people who live there and pay taxes. So, I totally get it! Plus, I don't know the language to work off base anyway! So, we can only work on base..and there aren't too many options. To work as a civilian at the hospital on base you have to either be with a contracting company or be your own contractor. To be your own contractor, you have to open your own business...which is what I had to do. Crazy, huh? All this for a job! I jumped through all the hoops, got a business set up and started working 3 days after they called and told me I got the job.

The past few weeks I have been doing training, things have been going well. The hospital here has no ER, it's mainly made of of Family Practice, Peds, OB, Dental Clinic, pharmacy, etc. For most emergencies you have to go off base, otherwise you can see Family Practice, which is where I am working. I am also going to be cross trained into Pediatrics and do new baby exams, so I am excited about that.

Weeks before I started working I booked a trip to Cinque Terre with some friends. So I worked for a week, then left at 3am on Sat morning to go to Cinque Terre and got back Sunday night at 11:30pm, then had to be up the next morning at 5am. It wasn't pretty. I made it through this past week and was looking forward to having a relaxing 3 day weekend and catching up on blogs, but my sweet hubby wants to start exploring Croatia. So, we are leaving tomorrow morning and are headed that way. :)

So, these are the blogs that will be coming soon, I promise!

-The rest of my family's visit... Venice, Rome, Pompeii, Southern Tuscany & Florence
-My trip to Cinque Terre last weekend, it was SO beautiful!
-Croatia trip we are doing this weekend.

Something else that happened this week that was pretty important was that my hubby promoted to Captain. I got to go to the little ceremony on my lunch break and put his new rank on :)





I hope everyone has a wonderful 4th of July Weekend! A HUGE thank you to all the men and women serving our country and fighting for our freedom.

1 comment:

  1. yay!!!!!! I am so excited for you!!! You might be cross trained by the time Ms. Ellie comes! Congratulations to your husband on Captain and to you on the job!

    ReplyDelete