Saturday, July 09, 2011

June trip to Venice with my family

Sorry, it’s taken me so long to post this, I’ve had a lot going on, I swear ;)

As many of you know, my family came to visit for 2 weeks in June and we all had a pretty great time.  We got to show them around Italy, Dan and I got to see new places as well, it was nice.  Wish they could live over here too! 

We went to Venice on a Saturday and being that it was June, I thought it was going to be insane.  We got up and caught an early train so we would be in San Marco Square before the Basilica opened.  It worked out perfectly, there weren’t too many people there yet, more importantly, all the tour groups, and we got into the basilica as soon as it opened. 

On the train to Venice

154

Scott, Mom, Jill and Mike- San Marco Square

444

Scott, myself and my Mom

446

This was while we were standing in line to get into the basilica.  My Mom took this picture, I think it’s pretty great.  See how she is looking like she has a hunchback? The “cops” came telling her to skedaddle and she straightened right up and left, it was pretty funny.

438

After the Basilica we went to see what the line looked like for Doge’s palace.  There wasn’t one, so we decided to go in.  This was Dan and my first time in here, it was pretty neat.  Couldn’t take pictures inside, just in the courtyard when we first got in there, but we got to go in many different rooms and the coolest part was the prison.  We actually got to walk over the bridge of sighs, which was pretty neat. 

Here is a view of the courtyard inside Doge’s Palace

059

More pictures from the day

218466

Mom and Scott

478481

Scott and his sister, Jill

483

We had a pretty good time in Venice.  Jill had some shopping to do for bunco prizes, so I told her Venice would probably be the best place to do it, so she knocked that out that day.   As the day went on it got more crowded, but not as bad as I thought it would be! 

The next day we left for Rome…

No comments:

Post a Comment