Sunday, July 17, 2011

Bridal Shower Fun


As I was cleaning this weekend, I came across something from my bridal shower.  I haven’t been to many bridal showers, we can thank the military and moving around for that.  But really, I have been to 2 bridal showers, my friend Heather (who threw my bridal shower and did a wonderful job!) and also my friend Leah (this is when we lived in SD, he hubby was in the USAF too.)

So, game is…for someone to write down things you (the bride) say as you open your gifts.  I of course had no idea this was going on, I thought people were just writing what I got so I could send thank you notes.  So, when I finish my friends announce…..”This is what you are going to say on your wedding night.”

1)Do I have to take these off?

2)What does it look like down there ladies?

3)That’s so nice…..

4)Do you want me to put it back on?

5)That’s for me! Okay, I’ll give some to Dan.

6)Ohhhh, it’s chocolate.

7)Ohhhh, it smells.

8)I’ve got little helpers down there, that’s so nice.

9)Wood

10)Gotta wrap it back up good

11)Woo Hoo!

12)They’re nice, they’re really heavy too. You guys want to look at them?

13)They’re so soft

14)They smell so good

15)ooohhhhh

16)oohhh yea

17)I smell leather!

18)and then it gives it to you the other way too

19)Holy crap, look how small that one is

20)How are we going to find our heads from our butts?

21)I think I got glitter in my eye

Okay, so let me start off by saying…when this was read at the bridal shower I was laughing so hard I think I was crying.  So freakin’ funny.  I should have written down what I was referring to with some of these things, I remember some, but not all.  Like wood, I have no idea why I said that.  I remember #1 I was referring to the ribbon on the gifts, #12 I was referring to silverware, #13 towels, #19 was euro change.  My friend Kristina gave me a travel purse with euro in it.  If you’ve ever seen a 1 cent euro coin, you would say the same :)

Just thought I would share that. Good times, great memories.



2 comments:

  1. That's great! I never got a bridal shower, or a bachelorette party for that matter, and I really wish I would have at least had the shower. What fun memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds like u had so much fun!!!! i never got to have any showers either someday i will Hi iM theresa i just recently started following u and im a military wife as well if u would like to follow back @ http://socalsweetheart.blogspot.com/ u could i love meeting fellow military wives

    ReplyDelete