Friday, April 22, 2011

Art, Shmart

We finally got around to having out art that we got in Venice framed. WOOHOO.  We took it to the place in Aviano because we have heard that they do a better job and they are cheaper than the place on base. 

We took them in last Saturday, picked out the matting and the frame, funny how when you pick it out you can’t imagine what the whole thing is going to look like, so for both paintings I liked what we picked, but wasn’t 100% sure. 

I picked them up yesterday and WOW.  Beautiful.  I took pictures to share with you, but it looks SO much better in person.  The guy that was there when we took them in, he owns the shop, he was in the back when I came to pick them up and his daughter brought them out to me.  When he saw her bringing them out, he came out to see my reaction and see how I liked it, I’m SO glad we chose the matting and frames we did.  Perfecto! 

This one went downstairs in our guest room.  There was already a nail in the wall, so we just took the easy way out and hung it on that.  It’s a little high, but still looks good.  The walls here are plaster (and very, very hard), so it’s difficult to hang anything. 

012

This is so you can see a close up of the matting and frame we chose

020

Today, we got it hung on the wall.  We put it in our entryway, so it’s one of the first things you see when you come in.  It looks small in this picture for some reason, but it’s a good size. 

IMG_3369

Dan’s Mom gets here tomorrow night, so we are going to be busy bees the next few weeks.  I’m excited to be seeing new places, we will take many pictures and share them as soon as I can!  Hope everyone has a great weekend. Ciao!

4 comments:

  1. Those pictures are AMAZING and that was quick for pick up, I waited for my stuff from the A&C for over a month!

    Have fun traveling with your mom in-law!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks great!!

    have fun with the fam!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look great! Europe is great for little artistic finds, and I think your framing choices look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out great! I love that framing store in Aviano! I have a few more things I need to take over to them. :)

    ReplyDelete