Thursday, April 14, 2011

Lovin’ the spring weather

The weather here has continued to be absolutely wonderful..A few nights ago we had a storm come through and it got chilly, but it’s still beautiful outside. 

Sorry about the lack of posts, I guess I haven’t been too excited to post about anything.  We have family coming soon and will finally get to visit Rome, Florence and Pisa, so I am excited about that and will share my photo’s with you as soon as I can.

Earlier in the week and I went and bought flowers. Monica was nice enough to give me a gift card for a local greenhouse here that sells all kinds of flowers, trees and herbs.  So, I just couldn’t wait anymore and went on Tuesday and purchased some flowers and planted them.  Italians love their flowers, they are in all windows here, it’s beautiful.  Here are some pictures of what I got:

022023024026027028029030

This is a rose bush out front, I didn’t purchase this, we had 2 of them out front when we moved in.

031032034

They are pretty, I love flowers and I do pretty well with them, well…I did last year anyway.  Don’t want to jinx myself. 

Today I went to the Sacile Market with some friends and bought some cheese.  For those of you who know me, you know I love cheese!  It’s hard for me to go anywhere and not try cheese if there is a stand. You just don’t get this opportunity much in the states, so I’m taking advantage of it!  This is the first cheese I tried here in Italy and bought it from the same people at the same market.  It’s called San Andrea

IMG_3309

On my way to the market I saw the Carabinieri on the side of the road. They are the Italian police and when the weather is nice and warm you will see them out everywhere parked on the side of a road pulling people over.  We call it lollipopping, I’m not sure what the Italians call it.  They have this stick that looks like a lollipop , they stick it out at you, you must pull over.  They usually just want to check your license and your insurance information, then you are on your merry little way.  I took a picture of him while I was stopped at the red light. I had to zoom in, so the picture isn’t that great, sorry.  See his “lollipop”? 

IMG_3302

Not too much else going on, this week has gone by so fast.  One more week and family will be here, can’t wait to show them Italy! Dan’s mom is coming with her friends and they will be here about 2 weeks. A week after they leave I have a friend from college coming to visit for 12 days, then a week after she leaves my Mom and Step Dad, Scott, and my Aunt and Uncle will be here for 2 weeks.  I am beyond excited to have all this company!  We haven’t had any so far, so I’m really, really excited! 

1 comment:

  1. i loveee cheese too!!

    that thing does look like a lollipop! haha

    ReplyDelete