Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Lovin’ the Sunshine!

When we found out we were moving here, I wondered what the winters would be like. I knew they didn’t get much snow, but I didn’t know if they saw much sun in the winter.  The day we arrived it was a beautiful day and we were told we were lucky because the last few months have been dreary and rainy.  Being here almost a year I think I have a good feel of what the weather is like, yes, there are a lot of days where you don’t see the sun, or it’s raining, or it’s foggy, or even hazy…but there are some beautiful days like today as well were the sun is out in full force. I love it.  It just makes my mood much better, I love when our apartment has a lot of light flowing though it. The weather is supposed to be nice for the next 9 days or so, so I am looking forward to that.

Not too much going on here, the animals had a vet appointment this morning to get the shots and check ups. Shae got her nails trimmed since she doesn’t let us do it.  I bought one of the peticure things a few years back, she doesn’t even like that.  Now that her nails are nice and short I am going to try and work with her at least one a week to maintain the length. Hopefully she will get used to it. 

Here is Shae, it’s a dark picture, but with the flash on, her eyes glow too much.

009

Last week I went to IKEA and got a little run that I liked.  We ended up putting it in the little room where you walk into our apartment.  It’s funny how animals know when something is there that wasn’t there before.  The whole apartment is hard floors, we’ve been looking at rugs for a while now, but can’t think to spend the money on a nicely made rug.  When Dan deploys next he is going to look because on his last deployment they were the same rugs, but instead of 900 Euro they were like 7$200.  The one I bought at IKEA is machine made so it was only 50 euro and I love it! So does Mr. Eddie!  He loves hanging out here.

This picture he was trying to get the dog wound up and when she would come towards him, he tries to get as flat as he can ears and all. His ears are up a little in this picture, but it’s funny, I think he actually thinks he can blend in. He is 20 pounds…I don’t think he realizes that though.

005

Here is another day he was just hanging out here

013

He is so cute, I love taking pictures of him. He is such an interesting cat too, always up to something.  I love that he is the kind of cat that loves his belly scratched, he loves to lay on his back with all 4 legs in the air…he is such a laid back kitty.

Here are some pictures I took the other night of him sleeping on the floor on his back.

003

002

Some pictures of him loafing on the couch

014016020026030

My older cat Sassy sleeps a lot. She is a beautiful cat herself, but she’s an old lady (I’ve had her since I was 9 years old). She loves sleeping in this dog bed on the dog bed. I felt bad for the animals because there is nothing but hard floors here, so I bought these beds for them. Sassy is the only one who uses them…and Shae sometimes, but not often.

024

I am going to start volunteering for the Red Cross, there is an orientation on the 15th that I am going to go to and get going with that. Hopefully jobs will find me that way. That’s how I hear it works anyway, when there is an opening for a nurse position, they go to the volunteers first, that’s why there are never any postings online.  We will see how it works out! 

That’s about all that I have been up to. I hope everyone is enjoying their week!

7 comments:

  1. I have a thing about giant fluffy cats...and that is one gorgeous cat!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loveee Ikea! We got 90% of our apt from there! :)
    My hubs is a linguist, this is his second time at the language institute, which is nice because he doesn't have to deploy while we are living here (about another year)!
    That's crazy you can't work off base but volunteering with the Red Cross will be rewarding and I'm sure it will help land you a nursing job! good luck & I look forward to hearing all about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a big kitty! I'm so jealous about the sunlight pouring in your windows. I'm buried under what feels like 20 feet of snow =p

    Whitney

    ReplyDelete
  4. your cat is tooo funny! :D :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your babies! They are beautiful! Good luck with the volunteering. Sounds like a great way to give back to your community.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had a cat, but seeing yours makes me really want one to curl up with on those rainy days!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What cute kitties! I love Mr. Eddie's whiskers! My Serafina sleeps on her back with her legs in the air too, it's funny every time.

    ReplyDelete